All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnglishman Paul West has just received an offer he can't refuse. M, as Gloria likes to be known, is down south to report on caviar trafficking. Meanwhile Paul's friend Elodie is marrying a French aristocrat, and Paul is asked to do the catering. Cooking for French is a risky assignment, but Paul assures her that nothing can go wrong. Or can it?
- Author BiographyStephen Clarke lives in Paris where he divides his time between writing and not writing. His first novel, A Year In The Merde, originally became a word-of-mouth hit in Paris in 2004. Since then it has been published all over the world, and earned Stephen a nomination for the British Book Award for Best Newcomer. The follow-up, Merde Actually, went to number one in the Bookseller chart. In 2006, he published his guide to understanding the French, Talk to the Snail, which he divided into ten 'commandments' or chapters that include 'Thou Shalt Not Work', 'Thou Shalt Not Love Thy Neighbour' and 'Thou Shalt Not Be Served'. His next novel, Merde Happens, was nominated for the Melissa Nathan Award for Comedy Romance. You can find out more about Stephen Clarke and his books on www.stephenclarkewriter.com
- Author(s)Stephen Clarke
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2008
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date05/02/2010
- Weight346 g
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.91
- £4.66Trending at £4.82
- £4.66Trending at £4.78
- £4.44Trending at £4.50
- £4.77Trending at £4.92
- £4.59Trending at £5.60
- £4.77Trending at £4.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.