All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJean Beaufret is best known for posing questions to which Martin Heidegger responded in his Letter on Humanism. These questions constituted the moment that was to form a profound philosophical engagement and friendship between the two thinkers. The first of four volumes, this book covers Heidegger's attachments to Greek thinking in six letters.
- Author BiographyJean Beaufret (1907-1982) was an important reader and translator of Martin Heidegger's work and played a key role in Heidegger's reception in France. The four volumes of Dialogues avec Heidegger were published between 1974 and 1985.Martin Heidegger (1889-1975), who became famous for his theories of being and human nature, is considered one of the most original and influential philosophers of the 20th century.Mark Sinclair teaches at Manchester Metropolitan University.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication06/07/2006
- Series TitleStudies in Continental Thought
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note1 index
- Weight921 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £10.09Trending at £13.78
- £24.53Trending at £24.83
- £31.41Trending at £33.29
- £23.03Trending at £24.29
- £23.39Trending at £25.01
- £9.86Trending at £13.08
- £17.56Trending at £18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.