All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of interviews with some of North America's foremost cultural critics & theorists, including Frederic Jameson, J Hillis Miller, Hayden White. It covers topics such as culture, ideology, history, modernity, post-modernity, post-colonialism, globalisation, the role of the university & the role of the intellectual in today's society.
- Author BiographyShaobo Xie is an associate professor in the Department of English at the University of Calgary. Wang Fengzhen is a research fellow at the Institute of Foreign Literature, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Beijing. Pamela McCallum is a professor of English at the University of Calgary. She was one of the founding members of the editorial group for Cultural Critique at the University of Minnesota, and she is currently editor of the journal ARIEL: A Review of International English Literature. Her research is focused around questions of representation, mainly in narrative, but sometimes in other cultural texts, such as film and the visual arts. She has written on Montreal artist Dominique Blain's installations and on the Vancouver artist Landon Mackenzie's paintings. Masao Miyoshi is Hajime Mori Professor of Japanese, English, and Comparitive Literature Emeritus at the University of California, San Diego. He is the author of Off Center: Power and Culture Relations between Japan and the United States.
- PublisherUniversity of Calgary Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Calgary Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byFengzhen Wang,Shaobo Xie
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.