All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Robert R. Kaufman,Stephan Haggard
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication06/09/2016
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note20 line illus. 49 tables.
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsList of Illustrations xi List of Tables xiii Preface and Acknowledgments xvii Introduction: Regime Change during the Third Wave: From Dictatorship to Democracy and Back 1 Part I: Inequality and Transitions to Democracy 1 Inequality and Transitions to Democracy 29 Part II: Pathways to Democracy 2 Modeling Democratic Transitions: Distributive Conflictand Elite Processes (with Terence Teo) 61 3 Distributive Conflict Transitions: Institutions and Collective Action 96 4 Elite-Led Transitions: International Factors and Politics at the Top 142 5 Transition Paths and the Quality of Democracy (with Terence Teo) 173 Part III: Reversions from Democratic Rule 6 Inequality, Development, and the Weak Democracy Syndrome (with Terence Teo) 219 7 Pathways to Authoritarian Rule 270 8 Learning from Anomalies: Low-Income Survivors, Middle-Income Reverters 301 Conclusion: Whither Democracy? 339 Online Resources References 359 Index 387
- Author BiographyStephan Haggard is the Lawrence and Sallye Krause Distinguished Professor at the Graduate School of Global Policy and Strategy at the University of California, San Diego. Robert R. Kaufman is Distinguished Professor of Political Science at Rutgers University.
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £25.62Trending at £28.57
- £25.61Trending at £26.99
- £4.96Trending at £5.99
- £13.99Trending at £21.90
- £11.16Trending at £14.86
- £8.27Trending at £9.90
- £6.86Trending at £8.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.