All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA clear and comprehensive A-Z guide to US history, from the birth of the American Republic to the Monica Lewinsky scandal, aimed at college students and the general reader.
- Author BiographyDr Peter Thompson has been the Sydney Mayer Lecturer in Early American History at Oxford University since January 1993. A British citizen, he lived for ten years in the United States, taking his doctorate at the University of Pennsylvania before spending four years as Lecturer in American History at Princeton. Series Editor Biography Dr Chris Cook has established himself as a leading editor and compiler of authoritative historical reference works. He has combined a distinguished academic career (mainly at the London School of Economics) with the editorship of the best-selling Pears Cyclopaedia. He is a fellow of the Royal Historical Society.
- Author(s)Peter Thompson
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication12/10/2000
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleDictionaries of Modern History S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCassell Reference
- Out-of-print date28/04/2007
- Content Notetables, 4 maps, bibliog
- Weight1081 g
- Width165 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine58 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £7.82Trending at £9.09
- £17.38Trending at £19.93
- £13.80Trending at £19.90
- £18.07Trending at £21.64
- £13.77Trending at £19.03
- £13.69Trending at £18.47
- £13.25Trending at £18.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.