All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for students, scholars, and general readers interested in the multilingual lives of some of our most influential words and ideas, this title covers close to 400 important philosophical, literary, and political terms that defy easy translation between languages and cultures. It includes terms from more than a dozen languages.
- Author BiographyBarbara Cassin is director of research at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique in Paris. Emily Apter is professor of comparative literature and French at New York University. Jacques Lezra is professor of Spanish, Portuguese and comparative literature at NYU. Michael Wood is the Charles Barnwell Straut Class of 1923 Professor of English and Comparative Literature at Princeton University.
- PrizesWinner of RUSA Outstanding Reference Sources Award 2015. Shortlisted for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2014.
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication14/03/2014
- GenreBilingual Dictionaries
- Series TitleTranslation/Transnation
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight2542 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine54 mm
- Edited byBarbara Cassin,Emily Apter,Jacques Lezra,Michael Wood
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £43.55Trending at £49.43
- £24.99Trending at £26.57
- £19.67Trending at £20.68
- £9.18Trending at £9.89
- £36.63Trending at £44.94
- £13.17Trending at £19.35
- £19.17Trending at £25.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.