All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.79Trending at £10.15
- £16.49Trending at £16.74
- £8.99Trending at £11.17
- £31.22Trending at £32.33
- £16.56Trending at £24.93
- £20.99Trending at £24.92
- £22.98Trending at £24.11
About this product
- DescriptionDiets and dieting have concerned - and sometimes obsessed - human societies for centuries. The dieters' regime is about many things, among them the control of weight and the body, the politics of beauty, discipline, self-harm, and even ethical codes of existence. This work lays out the history of diets and dieting in a series of articles.
- Author BiographySander Gilman is Distinguished Professor of the Liberal Arts and Sciences at Emory University. A cultural and literary historian, he is author and editor of more then seventy books including Multiculturalism and the Jews, The Jew's Body and Franz Kafka, The Jewish Patient, all published by Routledge.
- Author(s)Sander L. Gilman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight430 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.