All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £64.71Was:£66.99Free postage
- £66.94Was:£66.99Free postage
About this product
- Author(s)Dennis G. Zill,Warren Wright
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1293 g
- Width217 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement8th edition
- Table Of Contents1. INTRODUCTION TO DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Definitions and Terminology. Initial-Value Problems. Differential Equations as Mathematical Models. Chapter 1 in Review. 2. FIRST-ORDER DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Solution Curves Without a Solution. Separable Variables. Linear Equations. Exact Equations and Integrating Factors. Solutions by Substitutions. A Numerical Method. Chapter 2 in Review. 3. MODELING WITH FIRST-ORDER DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Linear Models. Nonlinear Models. Modeling with Systems of First-Order Differential Equations. Chapter 3 in Review. 4. HIGHER-ORDER DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Preliminary Theory-Linear Equations. Reduction of Order. Homogeneous Linear Equations with Constant Coefficients. Undetermined Coefficients-Superposition Approach. Undetermined Coefficients-Annihilator Approach. Variation of Parameters. Cauchy-Euler Equation. Solving Systems of Linear Differential Equations by Elimination. Nonlinear Differential Equations. Chapter 4 in Review. 5. MODELING WITH HIGHER-ORDER DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Linear Models: Initial-Value Problems. Linear Models: Boundary-Value Problems. Nonlinear Models. Chapter 5 in Review. 6. SERIES SOLUTIONS OF LINEAR EQUATIONS. Review of Power Series Solutions About Ordinary Points. Solutions About Singular Points. Special Functions. Chapter 6 in Review. 7. LAPLACE TRANSFORM. Definition of the Laplace Transform. Inverse Transform and Transforms of Derivatives. Operational Properties I. Operational Properties II. Dirac Delta Function. Systems of Linear Differential Equations. Chapter 7 in Review. 8. SYSTEMS OF LINEAR FIRST-ORDER DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Preliminary Theory. Homogeneous Linear Systems. Nonhomogeneous Linear Systems. Matrix Exponential. Chapter 8 in Review. 9. NUMERICAL SOLUTIONS OF ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Euler Methods. Runge-Kutta Methods. Multistep Methods. Higher-Order Equations and Systems. Second-Order Boundary-Value Problems. Chapter 9 in Review. 10. PLANE AUTONOMOUS SYSTEMS. Autonomous Systems. Stability of Linear Systems. Linearization and Local Stability. Autonomous Systems as Mathematical Models. Chapter 10 in Review. 11. ORTHOGONAL FUNCTIONS AND FOURIER SERIES. Orthogonal Functions. Fourier Series and Orthogonal Functions. Fourier Cosine and Sine Series. Sturm-Liouville Problem. Bessel and Legendre Series. Chapter 11 in Review. 12. BOUNDARY-VALUE PROBLEMS IN RECTANGULAR COORDINATES. Separable Partial Differential Equations. Classical PDE''s and Boundary-Value Problems. Heat Equation. Wave Equation. Laplace''s Equation. Nonhomogeneous Boundary-Value Problems. Orthogonal Series Expansions. Higher-Dimensional Problems. Chapter 12 in Review. 13. BOUNDARY-VALUE PROBLEMS IN OTHER COORDINATE SYSTEMS. Polar Coordinates. Polar and Cylindrical Coordinates. Spherical Coordinates. Chapter 13 in Review. 14. INTEGRAL TRANSFORM METHOD. Error Function. Laplace Transform. Fourier Integral. Fourier Transforms. Chapter 14 in Review. 15. NUMERICAL SOLUTIONS OF PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Laplace''s Equation. Heat Equation. Wave Equation. Chapter 15 in Review. Appendix I: Gamma Function. Appendix II: Matrices. Appendix III: Laplace Transforms. Answers for Selected Odd-Numbered Problems.
- Author BiographyDennis G. Zill is professor of mathematics at Loyola Marymount University. His interests are in applied mathematics, special functions, and integral transforms. Dr. Zill received his Ph.D. in applied mathematics and his M.S. from Iowa State University in 1967 and 1964, respectively. He received his B.A. from St. Mary's in Winona, Minnesota, in 1962. Dr. Zill also is former chair of the Mathematics Department at Loyola Marymount University. He is the author or co-author of 13 mathematics texts.
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £19.59Trending at £26.39
- £9.46Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.19
- £4.79Trending at £5.19
- £15.55Trending at £19.06
- £13.65Trending at £14.14
- £10.95Trending at £15.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.