All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor almost half a century, Amiri Baraka has ranked among the most important commentators on African American music and culture. Assembling his writings on music, this title combines autobiography, history, musical analysis, and political commentary to recall the sounds, people, times, and places he's encountered.
- Author BiographyAmiri Baraka (formerly LeRoi Jones) is a writer and critic, the poet laureate of New Jersey, and Professor Emeritus of the State University of New York, Stony Brook. His many books include Blues People, Black Music, and The Music.
- Author(s)Amiri Baraka
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusic of the African Diaspora
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note25 b/w photographs
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.79
- £66.16Trending at £91.99
- £9.68Trending at £11.66
- £14.25Trending at £14.96
- £16.59Trending at £25.25
- £22.22Trending at £23.47
- £10.38Trending at £10.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.