Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.99Trending at £17.30
- £23.54Trending at £24.06
- £18.29Trending at £22.21
- £21.69Trending at £22.68
- £23.71Trending at £26.31
- £22.69Trending at £24.29
- £20.52Trending at £22.49
About this product
- DescriptionThis book investigates the aesthetic nature and purposes of computer culture in the contemporary world. It casts a cool eye on the claims of cybertopians, tracing the globalization of the new medium and enquiring into its effects on subjectivity and sociality.
- Author BiographySean Cubitt is Professor of Film and Television at Goldsmiths, University of London; Professorial Fellow of the University of Melbourne and Honorary Professor of the University of Dundee. His publications include Timeshift: On Video Culture, Videography: Video Media as Art and Culture, Digital Aesthetics, Simulation and Social Theory, The Cinema Effect and EcoMedia. He is the series editor for Leonardo Books at MIT Press. Current research is on the history and philosophy of visual technologies, on media art history and on ecocriticism and mediation.
- Author(s)Sean Cubitt
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/08/1998
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitlePublished in association with Theory, Culture & Society
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.