Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.98
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £4.46Trending at £4.98
- £10.77Trending at £12.34
- £11.87Trending at £14.48
- £11.98Trending at £15.18
About this product
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitlePublic Administration and Public Policy
- Series Part/Volume Number195
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note60 black & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byKim J. Andreasson
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsForeword Acknowledgments Introduction Contributors DIGITAL DIVIDE CHALLENGES The Digital Divide and the Global Post-2015 Development Debate Jeremy Millard The Digital Broadband and Gender Divides Gary Fowlie and Phillippa Biggs Challenging the Digital Divide in a Developing Country: Ghana Case Study Johanna Ekua Awotwi China's Digital Divides and Their Countermeasures Yuanfu Jian Spatial and Social Aspects of the Digital Divide in Russia Tatiana Ershova, Yuri Hohlov, and Sergei Shaposhnik Broadband Policy and Rural and Cultural Divides in Australia Scott Ewing, Ellie Rennie, and Julian Thomas Digital Skills in Europe: Research and Policy Ellen Johanna Helsper and Alexander J. A. M. van Deursen DIGITAL INCLUSION OPPORTUNITIES Digital Inclusion: The Singapore Perspective Lim Swee Cheang and Guo Lei Leveraging Mobile Revolution for Turning Digital Divide into Digital Dividend: Examples from India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka Vikas Kanungo e-Inclusion in Education: Lessons from Five Countries Soobin Yim, Melissa Niiya, and Mark Warschauer e-Education at the Local Level: Challenges and Pitfalls of Public Policies in Rio de Janeiro Bernardo Sorj and Denise Vaillant Local + Digital + Scale: A Mass Movement for Digital Inclusion Helen Milner Beyond Failure: Rethinking Research and Evaluation in ICT4D Paula Uimonen In Conclusion: Tackling Future Digital Divides Kim Andreasson Index
- Author BiographyKim Andreasson is managing director of DAKA advisory AB, a Swedish consultancy. He has advised the United Nations since 2003, most recently in preparation for the global 2014 e-government survey, which includes measures of the digital divide. Andreasson has spent more than 10 years in consulting, including as interim associate director and a senior editor at The Economist Group where he co-edited the annual report on the Digital Economy Rankings. He serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Information Technology and Politics and is an elected member of the International Institute for Strategic Studies and the Pacific Council on International Policy. Andreasson is a senior fellow at Good Governance International and a John C. Whitehead fellow at the Foreign Policy Association. He is the editor and author of numerous publications, including Cybersecurity: Public Sector Threats and Responses, published in December 2011 by CRC Press.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.