All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Greg Gogolin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/12/2012
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note36 black & white illustrations, 12 black & white tables
- Weight544 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsWhat Is Digital Forensics and What Should You Know about It? Introduction Forensic Science What Does It Take to Be a Digital Forensic Investigator? Educational Opportunities What Opportunities Are There for Digital Forensic Investigators? What Are the Trends and Challenges in Digital Forensics? Resources Available to Digital Forensic Investigators Conclusion References Digital Forensic Approaches and Best Practices Introduction First Response Responding to a Case Conclusion References Other Useful References Digital Forensics Tool Kit Introduction Computer Forensics Write Blockers Imaging Add-Ons and Other Technologies Tools Mobile Forensics Tools Visual Analysis Secured Storage Damaged Media Summary Internet and E-Mail Examinations Introduction E-mail Chat and Messaging Logs Peer to Peer Search Engine Activity Internet History Social Networking and Gaming Malware and Viruses Summary Mobile Forensics Introduction Mobile Phone Technology How a Call Is Made Forensic Challenges Forensic Process Digital Cell Phone Investigation Geographic Positioning Systems Cameras Summary Cellular Communications Technology Overview References Cloud Computing and Digital Forensics, Prof. Gerald Emerick Introduction Infrastructure as a Service Platform as a Service Software as a Service Service and Deployment Models Customer versus Cloud Provider Responsibilities Other Service Models Multi-Tenancy User Access and Provisioning Data Protection and Breaches Information Technology and Information Security Governance and Change Control Processes Service Access Vulnerabilities Migration Planning Incident Response Virtualization Security Benefits of Cloud Incident Response, Det . Jason Otting Introduction Case Summary The Initiation of an Investigation Information Evidence Gathering Interviews and the Analyzing of Evidence Analyzing the Electronic Evidence Prosecution and Testimony Things to Consider Conclusion Report Writing and Presentation Introduction Report Content and Considerations Sample Reports Presenting and Testifying Archiving Summary Social Media Forensics, Dr. Barbara L. Ciaramitaro Introduction to Social Media Social Networking E-mail Blogs Microblogs Event Coordination Location Identification Multimedia Sharing Search Wikis Web Conferencing Virtual Worlds Social Media Forensics Street Gangs Terrorist Activity White Collar Crimes Summary References Social Engineering Forensics, Dr. Barbara L. Ciaramitaro Introduction to Social Engineering Online Social Engineering Attacks Telephone Social Engineering Attacks Waste Management Social Engineering Attacks Mobile Device Social Engineering Attacks Personal Social Engineering Attacks Reverse Social Engineering Attacks Social Engineering Forensics Social Engineering Attack Vector Vulnerabilities Conclusion References Anti -Forensics, Prof. Velislav Pavlov Anti-Forensic Definition and Concepts Anti-Forensic Methods Eliminate Trails Hide Evidence Destroy Evidence Mobile Anti-Forensics Conclusion References Link and Visual Analysis Introduction Link and Visual Analysis Conclusion Psychological, Ethical, and Cultural Implications of Digital Forensics Introduction Psychological Implications of Digital Forensics Ethical Implications of Digital Forensics Cultural Implications Conclusion References Index
- Author BiographyDr. Greg Gogolin is a father, as well as a professor at Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Michigan. Greg spent almost twenty years in information technology before becoming a professor at Ferris State University in 1999. While at Ferris State University, he has been the primary author of the bachelor of science degree in information security and intelligence and the master of science in information security and intelligence. Prior to Ferris, he worked as a programmer, database administrator, systems analyst and project manager at small and multinational corporations. Dr. Gogolin actively consults in information technology and is a licensed private investigator specializing in digital forensics cases. He has degrees in arts, computer information systems, applied biology, computer information systems management, and administration and holds a doctorate from Michigan State University. He has current CISSP, EnCE, and PMP certifications, and is particularly thankful to have the opportunity to teach some of the brightest students in the world in the bachelor of science in information security and intelligence and the master of science in information systems management programs at Ferris State University in Michigan, and the master of science in cyber security at the University of Maryland University Center. Dr. Gogolin has published in Information Security Journal: A Global Perspective, Digital Investigations, Digital Forensic Practice and has made chapter contributions to IGI Global's Mobile Technology Consumption: Opportunities and Challenges; Virtual Worlds and E-Commerce: Technologies and Applications for Building Customer Relationships; and Nova Science Publisher's Crime Rates, Types, and Hot Spots, as well as other periodicals. He has presented at many conferences and collaborates on information security and digital forensic issues worldwide. His current research interest is a National Science Foundation-funded inquiry into the recovery of data from damaged media. He is also actively building relationships with other universities worldwide, including Saxion University of Applied Science, the Netherlands.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £15.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.