Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.99Trending at £26.84
- £8.20Trending at £10.36
- £9.51Trending at £10.08
- £10.43Trending at £11.89
- £24.99Trending at £33.52
- £9.08Trending at £10.43
- £5.23Trending at £5.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis text covers the mathematical theory of linear elliptic equations and systems and the related function spaces framework. It provides an introduction to the modern theory of partial differential equations, the theory of weak solutions and related topics.
- Author BiographyJindrich Necas, Professor Emeritus of the Charles University in Prague, Distinguished Researcher Professor at the University of Northern Illinois, DeKalb, Doctor Honoris Causa at the Technical University of Dresden, a leading Czech mathematician and a world-class researcher in the field of partial differential equations. Author or coauthor of 12 monographs, 7 textbooks, and 185 research papers. High points of his research include * his contribution to boundary regularity theory for linear systems * his contributions to regularity theory of variational integrals, such as his 1977 solution of a long-standing question directly to Hilbert's 19th problem * his contributions to mathematical theory of the Navier-stokes equations, including his 1995 solution of an important problem raised in a classical 1934 paper by J. Leray. In 1998 he was awarded the Order of Merit of the Czech Republic by President Vaclav Havel.
- Author(s)J. Necas
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- Language(s)English & French
- Series TitleSpringer Monographs in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight742 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byGerard Tronel,Alois Kufner
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement1st ed. Corr. 3rd printing 2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.