All listings for this product
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £13.75Trending at £15.91
- £15.95Trending at £17.98
- £14.99Trending at £19.93
- £12.24Trending at £16.98
- £12.91Trending at £16.98
- £12.77Trending at £12.99
- £11.78Trending at £14.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is a how-to guide for all teachers, coaches and sports club leaders. It contains recruiting plans, job descriptions for coaches, a detailed sport event planner, a sample calendar of events, a first aid inventory, emergency medical information, and addresses and reference information.
- Author BiographyRainer Martens, PhD, has participated in sports all his life. He has coached at the youth, high school, and collegiate levels and has studied sport as a research scientist. The founder and president of Human Kinetics, he also started the American Sport Education Program, the largest coaching education program in the U.S. An internationally recognized sport psychologist, Martens is the author of more than 80 scholarly articles and 15 books, including Successful Coaching, the bestselling coaching book ever published, and Joy and Sadness in Children's Sports. He has also been a featured speaker at more than 100 conferences around the world and has conducted more than 150 workshops and clinics for coaches and athletes at all levels.After receiving his PhD in Physical Education from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana in 1968, Martens was a member of its faculty for 16 years. A past-president of the American Academy of Kinesiology and Physical Education, he has been recognized for his contribution to sport by the National Recreation and Park Association and by being inducted into the National Association of Sport and Physical Education Hall of Fame. He has received Distinguished Alumni awards from Emporia State University in Kansas (where he earned a bachelor's degree), the University of Montana (where he earned a master's degree), the University of Illinois, and Hutchinson High School.Martens continues to enjoy sport today, especially senior softball. He was named a First Team All-American when his Daytona Beach team won the Senior National Championship in 2000.
- Author(s)Rainer Martens
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2001
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2001
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note21 Halftones, black and white
- Weight703 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.