All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.79
- £12.88Trending at £16.15
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.44
- £7.72Trending at £9.95
- £11.10Trending at £14.99
- £54.14Trending at £82.72
About this product
- DescriptionUsing lively case studies, this book analyzes the transformation of crime and terrorism and the business logic of terrorism.
- Author BiographyLouise I. Shelley is University Professor at the School of Public Policy, George Mason University. She founded and directs the Terrorism, Transnational Crime, and Corruption Center (TraCCC). She is the recipient of Guggenheim, National Endowment of the Humanities, IREX, Kennan Institute, and Fulbright fellowships, and she has received MacArthur grants to establish the Russian Organized Crime Study Center and to study the role of illicit actors in nuclear smuggling. Her previous books include Human Trafficking: A Global Perspective (Cambridge University Press, 2010) and Policing Soviet Society (1996). She has written extensively on transnational crime, illicit trade, and money laundering and has testified before the House Committee on International Relations, the Helsinki Commission, the House Banking Committee, and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on transnational crime, human trafficking, and the links among transnational crime, financial crime, and terrorism. She serves on the Global Agenda Council on Illicit Trade and Organized Crime for the World Economic Forum (WEF) and was the first cochair of its Council on Organized Crime. Professor Shelley presently cochairs a group on human trafficking within the Global Agenda Councils of the WEF. She is a life member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- Author(s)Louise I. Shelley
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/07/2014
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 b/w illus. 5 maps 2 tables
- Weight660 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.