All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAlan Roulstone,Hannah Mason-Bish
- Table Of ContentsDisability, Hate Crime and Violence Alan Roulstone & Hannah Mason-Bish Section 1: Conceptualising Disablist Hate Crime 1. Conceptual Issues in the Construction of Disability Hate Crime Hannah Mason-Bish 2. Vulnerable to Misinterpretation: Disabled People, 'Vulnerability', Hate Crime and the Fight for Legal Recognition Alan Roulstone & Kim Sadique 3. The Wrong War? Critically Examining the 'Fight Against Disability Hate Crime' Joanna Perry 4. Disability and the Continuum of Violence Andrea Hollomotz 5. Media Reporting and Disability Hate Crime Katharine Quarmby 6. International Perspectives on Disability Hate Crime Mark Sherry Section Two: Responses to Disablist Hate Crime 7. Disablist Violence in The U.S: Unacknowledged Hate Crime Jack Levin 8. Disabled Women and Domestic Violence: Increased Risk but Fewer Services Ravi K. Thiara & Gill Hague 9. Disability Hate Crime : A Campaign Perspective Anne Novis 10. A Case for Engagement: The Role of the UK Disability Hate Crime Network Stephen Brookes 11. Hate Crime or Mate Crime? Disablist Hostility, Contempt and Ridicule Pam Thomas 12. Making Disablist Hate Crime Visible: Addressing the Challenges of Improving Reporting Dr Chih Hoong Sin 13. Civil Courage, Civil Societies and Good Samaritans: A Response to Disablist Hate Crime Toby Brandon, Sarah Keyes & The Lawnmowers Independent Theatre Company, UK 14. After Disablist Hate Crime: Which Interventions Really Work to Resist Victimhood and Build Resilience with Survivor Susie Balderston.
- Author BiographyAlan Roulstone is Professor of Disability Policy at Northumbria University, UK. Hannah Mason-Bish is Senior Lecturer in Criminology at the University of Roehampton, UK.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.