CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £15.56Trending at £18.13
- £23.42Trending at £30.24
- £19.28Trending at £20.85
- £17.29Trending at £22.26
- £13.28Trending at £14.55
- £16.71Trending at £17.94
- £7.52Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionIntegrates the fields of disability studies and inclusive education. This book focuses on the topics that comprise disability studies (culture, language, and history), as well as on topics (curriculum, co-teaching, collaboration, classroom organization, and disability-specific teaching strategies) normally associated with inclusive education.
- Author BiographySusan Baglieri is Assistant Professor at Long Island University's Brooklyn, New York campus. She served as an assistant editor for Disability Studies Quarterly during 2005-2006 and served on the board of directors of the Society for Disability Studies (SDS) from 2008-2011. She is a member of the American Educational Research Association's special interest group in Disability Studies in Education and received the Junior Scholar Award at the group's Eighth Annual Second City Conference in 2008. Dr. Baglieri worked as a special educator in New Jersey public high schools, served as the coordinator of student teaching in Learning Disabilities and taught graduate courses at Teachers College, Columbia University. Arthur Shapiro was a special educator on the local, county, and state levels for more than 40 years. He was Full Professor Emeritus at Kean University and an adjunct faculty member at Rutgers University. His book, Everybody Belongs: Changing Negative Attitudes toward Classmates with Disabilities (Routledge Falmer, 1999), received Choice's Outstanding Academic Title Award from the Association of College and Research Librarians, and was selected for inclusion in Exceptional Parent Magazine's library as well as a feature of the Network of Educators on the Americas' Teaching for Change catalogue.
- Author(s)Arthur Shapiro,Susan Baglieri
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.