CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.53
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/07/2007
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byCarol B. Cohen,Francis K. O. Yuen,Kristine Tower
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsAbout the Contributors. Preface: Disability and Social Work Education, Carol B. Cohen. Acknowledgments. An Approach to Learning About Social Work with People with Disabilities, Nancy L. Mary. Everything You Never Wanted to Know Special Education... and Were Afraid to Ask (IDEA), Sandra Altshuler. MiCASSA-My Home, Reiko Hayashi. Resources Ancillary Services and Classroom Instruction: Thoughts of a Deaf-Blind Social Work Student and Her Teacher, Teresa V. Mason and Ashleigh Smith. An Overview of and Comments on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), John T. Pardeck and Jean A. Pardeck. Planned Change in the Disability Community, Randall R. Myers. Integrating a Family-Centered Approach into Social Work Practice with Families of Children and Adolescents with Disabilities, Diana Strock-Lynskey and Diane W. Keller. Adjustment to Disability, Carol B. Cohen and Donna Napolitano. The Impact of Sight Loss in Social Work Practice, Cathy Orzolek-Kronner. Disability and Spirituality in Social Work Practice, Jane Hurst. The Implications of Disability Protests for Social Work Practice, Sharon N. Barnartt. Applications of a Capability Approach to Disability and the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) in Social Work Practice, Patricia Welch Saleeby. Research Methods with Disabled Populations, Elizabeth Eckhardt and Jeane Anastas. Index. Reference Notes.
- Author BiographyFrancis K. O. Yuen, DSW, ACSW, is Professor for the Division of Social Work at California State University, Sacramento. He has authored and edited many books, and is a member of several editorial boards for peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Yuen is widely published in the areas of family health social work practice, disability, program evaluation and planning, and services to refugees and immigrants. Carol B. Cohen, PhD, LCSW-C, is an Associate Professor for the MSW program at Gallaudet University. Deafened as a young adult, Dr. Cohen has spent several decades of her career advocating and providing services for deaf and hard of hearing populations. Her publications and research interests are in disability, deafness, and clinical practice. Kristine Tower, EdD, MSW, (1951-2005) was an Assistant Professor for the School of Social Work at the University of Nevada, Reno. Her research interests included persons with disabilities, sexuality, school social work, and consumer issues in social work. Dr. Tower was actively involved in disability-related concerns in the community and in local schools through legislative activity, training, advisory committees, assistive technology council, and public education.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.