All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.28Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the pathophysiological and rehabilitative aspects of disabling obesity. It highlights multidisciplinary rehabilitation interventions as key to counteracting the disabling aspects of complicated obesity.
- Author BiographyPaolo Capodaglio received his M.D. degree from the University of Pavia, Italy, in 1988 and his specialization in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PMR) from the same University in 1991. After graduating, he started working as a PMR specialist in an Institute for clinical care and research (Fondazione Maugeri IRCCS) with clinical and research interests. At present, he is Director of the PMR Department and the Laboratory for Research in Biomechanics and Rehabilitation at the Istituto Auxologico Italiano IRCCS in Verbania-Piancavallo, Italy and contract professor of PMR in the Medical School of the University of Brescia, Italy. He devoted most of his research to the functional evaluation in ageing and pathological conditions: spinal cord injuries, musculoskeletal disorders, and, most recently, obesity. He is reviewer for several indexed papers and author of 6 volumes and around 150 publications in the field of rehabilitation. Dr. Joel Faintuch is Associate Professor of Surgery, Sao Paulo University Medical School, Head of the Nutrology Residency Program, Hospital das Clinicas, Sao Paulo, and Editor-in-Chief, Brazilian Journal of Clinical Nutrition. He has been active for a long time in the field of nutritional problems, in the first years focusing malnutrition and artificial feeding. More recently Dr. Faintuch became involved with obesity and bariatric surgery. He was Executive Director of the Brazilian Society of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery (1999-2002) and is currently Associated Editor, Obesity Surgery (USA). Dr. Faintuch is a former International Guest Scholar, American College of Surgeons, USA and Honorary Member of three international societies (SBNPE, FELANPE and SBCBM). Antonio Liuzzi M.D., Professor of Endocrinology at the University of Milan. Specialized in Internal Medicine. Director of the Division of Internal Medicine and of the Research Laboratory of Diabetology, Scientific Institute Auzologico Italiano. Through 1996 his research focused on the pathophysiology of pituitary adenomas, substantially contributing to the development of the medical treatment of these tumors. Since then, his research interests have shifted to obesity and in particular the endocrinological and functional properties of the different compartments of the adipose tissue. He is the author of numerous papers published in peer-reviewed Journals and of chapters in international books on endocrinology, and has served as an invited speaker at several international Congresses. He is a member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Endocrinological Investigation.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication05/04/2013
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note27 black & white tables, biography
- Weight631 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAntonio Liuzzi,Joel Faintuch,Paolo Capodaglio
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.