Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £27.52Trending at £27.85
- £26.61Trending at £28.13
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £29.99
- £22.38Trending at £26.31
- £19.28Trending at £20.69
- £17.29Trending at £22.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis text opens a dialogue between theory and practice in disaster management. It offers vital lessons to practitioners from scholarship on natural hazards, disaster risk management and reduction and developments studies, opening up new insights in accessible language with practical applications.
- Author BiographyAlejandro Lopez-Carresi is founder and director of CEDEM Centre for Disaster and Emergency Management in Madrid, Spain. Maureen Fordham is Principal Lecturer and Enterprise Fellow at the Department of Geography, Northumbria University, UK. Ben Wisner, who has worked in development and hazards for 47 years, is a research affiliate at University College London, UK. Ilan Kelman is a Senior Research Fellow at the Center for International Climate and Environmental Research - Oslo (CICERO) in Norway. JC Gaillard is an Associate Professor in the School of Environment at the University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2013
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables, 34 black & white line drawings
- Weight666 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAlejandro Lopez-Carresi,Ben Wisner,Ilan Kelman,J. C. Gaillard,J.C. Gaillard,Maureen Fordham
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.