Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionExamines Japanese institutional discourse and attempts to clarify the relationship between politeness, facework and speaker identity. This book seeks to establish an analysis of facework as the basis for evaluating politeness, and describes facework in delicate situations such as disagreement, teasing and talking about troubles.
- Author BiographyNaomi Geyer is Assistant Professor of Japanese Language and Linguistics, Department of East Asian Languages and Literature at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA.
- Author(s)Naomi Geyer
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/01/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight496 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.