About this product
- DescriptionIntroduces the physics of structurally disordered condensed systems at the level of advanced undergraduate and graduate students. Some of the topics are: the geometry and symmetries of highly regular structures, the various kinds of disorder, the phenomenology and the main theories of the glass transition.
- Author BiographyPaolo M. OSSI (born in Milan, 1953) PhD in Solid State Physics, is Associate Professor of Physics of Matter at the Dipartimento di Ingegneria Nucleare, Politecnico di Milano. His current research interests include the structure of metastable condensed systems, the interaction between energetic photon and particle beams and solids, the properties (in particular structural and mechanical) of thin films, both metallic and ceramic, deposited in the presence of energetic beams. Paolo M. Ossi is author, or co-author of more than 100 scientific papers, besides many contributions to international Conferences, Workshops and Symposia.
- Author(s)Paolo M. Ossi
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication18/07/2006
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAdvanced Texts in Physics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note210 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight690 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2006
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.07Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.22
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
- £10.46Trending at £14.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.