All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA thought-provoking book that identifies new dimensions in the study of leadership.
- Author BiographyJean Lau Chin, EdD, ABPP (Teachers College, Columbia University) is a professor of psychology at Adelphi University. Her scholarly focus on diversity, leadership, and women's leadership includes her role as a senior Fulbright Specialist and author of 12 books and numerous publications. She was editor of the Special Issue on Diversity and Leadership in the American Psychologist (April 2010) and of Diversity in Mind and in Action (2009). As past President of the Society for the Psychology of Women and of the Society for the Psychological Study of Race, Ethnicity and Culture, her leadership initiatives promoted integrating diversity to advance models of leadership and leadership training for women and ethnic minorities. As dean at two universities and executive director at two health/mental health agencies, her leadership experience is both scholarly and on-the-ground. The first Asian American to be licensed as a psychologist in Massachusetts, she was recently honored as an Elder at the 2013 National Multicultural Conference and Summit and received the Diversity Award from the New York State Psychological Association. Joseph E. Trimble, a distinguished university professor and professor of psychology at Western Washington University, is a president's professor at the Center for Alaska Native Health Research at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. He has written over 140 publications on multicultural topics in psychology, including 19 books. Trimble's excellence in teaching and research awards for his work in the field of multicultural psychology include: the Janet E. Helms Award for Mentoring and Scholarship in Professional Psychology; the Distinguished Elder Award from the National Multicultural Conference and Summit; the Henry Tomes Award for Distinguished Contributions to the Advancement of Ethnic Minority Psychology; the International Lifetime Achievement Award for Multicultural and Diversity Counseling awarded by the University of Toronto's Ontario Institute for Studies in Education; the 2013 Francis J. Bonner, MD Award from the Department of Psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital; and the 2013 Elizabeth Hurlock Beckman Award.
- Author(s)Jean Lau Chin,Joseph E. Trimble
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £19.99Trending at £27.98
- £29.22Trending at £38.27
- £11.76Trending at £14.18
- £18.51Trending at £19.20
- £14.76Trending at £15.14
- £7.67Trending at £8.00
- £14.50Trending at £14.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.