Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £24.00Trending at £33.03
- £47.13Trending at £53.98
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £44.82Trending at £49.50
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £37.23Trending at £62.06
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byEmanuela Ceva,Gideon Calder
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction: Differential Treatment and the Negotiation of Minority Issues in Europe Gideon Calder and Emanuela Ceva Part 1: Diversity in Theory: Dilemmas of Differential Treatment 2. The Place of Conscientious Objection in a Liberal Democracy Anna Elisabetta Galeotti 3. The Appeal to Conscience and the Accommodation of Minority Claims Emanuela Ceva 4. Theories of Religious Exemptions Jonathan Seglow 5. Federalism, Moral Disagreement and European Integration Glyn Morgan 6. A Multicultural Social Ethos: Tolerance, Respect or Civility? Sune Laegaard Part 2: Diversity in Practice: National contexts 7. Modernist Responses to Post-modern Demands? 'Differential treatment' in Europeanising Turkey Ali Tekin 8. Conscientious Objection in Italy: The Favoured Way of Handling Irreducible Conflicting Values? Federico Zuolo 9. How Should a Democracy Respond to the Demands of Differential Treatment? Tax Resistance as an Example Juan Carlos Siurana, Elsa Gonzalez, Roberto Ballester and Jose Felix Lozano 10. Corporatism and 'New Groups': Emerging Value Conflicts in Contemporary Germany Maria Paola Ferretti and Claire Moulin-Doos 11. Differential Treatment and Employability: A UK Case-Study of Veil-Wearing in Schools Gideon Calder and Steven R. Smith 12. Conclusions: On the Possibilities and Limitations of Differential Treatment Gideon Calder and Emanuela Ceva
- Author BiographyDr Gideon Calder is Reader in Ethics and Social Philosophy at the University of Wales, Newport. Dr Emanuela Ceva is Senior Research Associate at the Institute for Advanced Study, Pavia and Lecturer in Political Philosophy at the University of Pavia, Italy.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.