Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
- £9.74Trending at £10.10
- £7.19Trending at £7.63
About this product
- DescriptionAn examination of the social and territorial divisions within Europe. Topics covered include: gendered and regional changes in employment; social integration and citizenship issues arising from migration and racial differences; and welfare state responses to the growing number of older people.
- Author BiographyAllan studied Economics and Geography at University College Swansea, 1969-72, before completing his PhD at the LSE. After completing his doctoral thesis, he worked as a Research Fellow at the LSE on a project on'Change in Urban Britain', and in 1976-8 was Lecturer in Geography at the University of Durham. In 1978 he moved to the Geography Department at the University of Exeter, where he was successively Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Reader and then, from 1995, Professor of Human Geography and European Studies. He was Co-Director of the Centre for European Studies 1987-95. He also jointly established, with Gareth Shaw, an MSc in Tourism, Development and Policy at Exeter in 2000. He was appointed to the Chair in European Integration and Globalization at London Metropolitan in 2006, in the Institute for the Study of European Transformations, and the Working Lives Research Institute. He joined the Tourism Group in the Faculty of Management at Surrey in January 2011.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication20/11/1998
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight462 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAllan M. Williams,Ray Hudson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.