All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Jana B. Singer,Jane C. Murphy
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication26/06/2015
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleFamilies, Law, and Society
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Table Of ContentsContents Acknowledgments vii Introduction 1 1. Historical Overview 5 2. The Critique of the Adversary System and the New Paradigm as a Response 26 3. Expanded Courts with Diminished Legal Norms 37 4. The New Vision Meets the New Family 60 5. From Gladiators and Umpires to Problem-Solvers and Managers 83 6. The Influence of Comparative and International Family Law 110 7. Creating a Twenty-First-Century Family Dispute Resolution System 128 Notes 157 Index 209 About the Authors 219
- Author BiographyJane C. Murphy is Laurence M. Katz Professor at the University of Baltimore School of Law. She is co-author of Family Mediation: Theory and Practice and co-editor of Resolving Family Conflicts. Jana B. Singer is Professor of Law at the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law. She is co-editor of Resolving Family Conflicts and co-author of Family Law: Cases, Problems, and Materials, 2nd Ed and Mitigating the Effects of Divorce on Children through Family -Focused Court Reform.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.53
- £4.60Trending at £6.20
- £12.06Trending at £12.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.