All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Aaron G. Filler
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2012
- GenreFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note95 halftones & line illus.
- Weight634 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsPart I: Spine & Nerve Health ; 1. Acute, Chronic & Recurring: A Quick Tour of Neck & Back Pain ; 2. The Nature of Pain and How It Is Treated ; 3. Keeping the Spine Healthy: Ergonomics for Life ; 4. Renewal Without Surgery: Schools of Therapy ; 5. Anatomy 101: From Bones, Disks and Joints to Mind, Muscles and Nerves ; 6. Disks, Spurs, Stenosis, Slippage and Osteoporosis ; 7. Spinal Symptoms: Where Does That Pain Come From? ; 8. Accidents of the Embryo: Spina Bifida & Variations at Birth ; 9. Patterns of Nerve Pinches: From Shoulder to Toe (NEW) ; 10. Medical Imaging & Diagnostic Tests: X-rays, Electrons, & Magnetic Spin ; 11. Regeneration & Repair in the Nerves and Spinal Cord ; Part II: Spine & Nerve Surgery ; 12. Without an Incision: Percutaneous Procedures for Diagnosis & Treatment ; 13. Surgery-Before, During & After: Common Elements You Should Know About ; 14. Surgery to Take the Pressure Off the Neural Tissues of the Spine ; 15. Surgery Inside the Spinal Dural Lining ; 16. Spine Carpentry: History & Principles of Rebuilding the Broken Spine ; 17. Fixing the Cervical Spine: Surgical Approaches to the Neck ; 18. Thoracic Spine Operations: Surgical Approaches to Mid- & Upper-Back Problems ; 19. Lumbar Implants and Fusion: Major Surgeries for the Low Back ; 20. Surgery to Release Nerve Entrapments in the Shoulder, Arm, Pelvis and Legs (NEW) ; 21. Genes, Designer Proteins, and Biomaterials: The Role of Biotechnology in Spine and Nerve Surgery ; 22. Risks, Outcomes and Choices ; 23. Recovery After Surgery ; 24. Health Insurance and the Cost of Surgery ; Epilogue: Knowledge and Resilience
- Author BiographyAaron G. Filler, MD, PhD, FRCS (SN) is one of the world's leading authorities on nerve and spinal surgery. He is Medical Director of both the Institute for Nerve Medicine and the Center for Advanced Spinal Neurosurgery, and is an Associate of the Institute for Spinal Disorders, at Cedars Sinai Medical Center, in Los Angeles, California.
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £6.58Trending at £7.01
- £12.38Trending at £15.90
- £7.97Trending at £10.00
- £44.83Trending at £49.49
- £42.58Trending at £46.05
- £5.54Trending at £6.01
- £9.98Trending at £13.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.