Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £25.82Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by loveourprices2
- Est. delivery by 8 Jan
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £6.34Trending at £6.50
- £12.73Trending at £13.46
- £6.09Trending at £7.99
- £6.99Trending at £9.00
- £8.74Trending at £9.13
- £7.49Trending at £10.19
- £23.72Trending at £33.99
About this product
- DescriptionExplores instances of the oppression of women in the name of religious and cultural norms and how these issues play out both in the community and in the political arena. Drawing on philosophical concerns such as truth, relativism, knowledge and ethics, this title is a rallying call for a progressive politics that is committed to universal values.
- Author BiographyOphelia Benson is editor of www.butterfliesandwheels.com, deputy editor of The Philosophers' Magazine and co-author, with Jeremy Stangroom, of Why Truth Matters. She is also a frequest contributor to Free Inquiry. Jeremy Stangroom is co-editor, with Julian Baggini, of The Philosophers' Magazine and co-author of Do You Think What You Think You Think? (Granta, 2006), What Philosophers Think and Great Thinkers A-Z. He and Ophelia Benson are co-authors of Why Truth Matters and The Dictionary of Fashionable Nonsense.
- Author(s)Jeremy Stangroom,Ophelia Benson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/05/2009
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.