All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Richard H. Tedford,Xiaoming Wang
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- GenreLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note97 illus.
- Weight425 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mauricio Anton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsPreface Acknowledgments 1. Dogs: Methods of Study and the Place of Dogs in Nature 2. The Origin of Canids and Other Doglike Carnivorous Mammals 3. Diversity: Who Is Who in the Dog Family 4. Anatomy and Function: How the Parts Work 5. Hunting and Social Activity 6. Changing Environments and Canid Evolution 7. Going Places: Braving New Worlds 8. Domestic Dogs Appendix: Canid Species and Classification Glossary Further Reading Index
- Author BiographyXiaoming Wang is a curator of vertebrate paleontology at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County and has been studying the evolutionary history of the family Canidae for the past twenty years. In collaboration with Richard H. Tedford, he has published three volumes on the fossil canids of North America. Richard H. Tedford is curator emeritus in the Department of Vertebrate Paleontology at the American Museum of Natural History. Mauricio Anton is a paleontological artist based at the National Museum of Natural Sciences, Madrid. Among his books are, with Jordi Agusti, Mammoths, Sabertooths, and Hominids: 65 Million Years of Mammalian Evolution in Europe and, with Alan Turner, The Big Cats and Their Fossil Relatives: An Illustrated Guide to Their Evolution and Natural History and Evolving Eden: An Illustrated Guide to the Evolution of the African Large Mammal Fauna.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £5.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.17
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.45
- £7.72Trending at £9.99
- £11.10Trending at £15.01
- £54.14Trending at £82.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.