All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDogwood trees and shrubs are among the superstars of the ornamental garden. Providing an overview of various dogwoods of horticultural merit, this title helps with the daunting tasks of identification and plant selection. It also provides helpful details on cultivation, combating pests and diseases, and the fundamentals of breeding and selection.
- Author BiographyPaul Cappiello is executive director of Yew Dell Gardens, which is located in Crestwood, Kentucky and considered to be one of America's most unique gardens. He was formerly horticulture director of the Bernheim Arboretum, as well as associate professor of horticulture at the University of Maine. He holds a bachelor's degree in environmental planning and design from Rutgers University and a master's degree and doctorate in horticulture from the University of Illinois. He also holds an adjunct associate professorship with the University of Kentucky's Department of Horticulture. Paul is highly regarded as a teacher, writer, garden designer, and gardener. He is known locally, nationally, and internationally for his 20 years of research of cold tolerance, propagation, nursery production, and work on selection, introduction, and evaluation of new ornamental plants. He routinely presents lectures across the country to gardeners, college classes, horticultural professionals, and academic audiences. His work has appeared in over 100 publications. Paul is a keen gardener who jokes he is ever hopeful that one day he will get it just right an avid basketball player specializing in the slow break, and a part time golfer, which he says provides ample opportunity for studying trees and shrubs up close and personal. Paul and his wife, Carolyn, and son, Christopher, live in Louisville, Kentucky. Don Shadow is owner of Shadow Nursery, a wholesale nursery in Winchester, Tennesse, specializing in woody ornamentals and rare and unusual plants. He received his bachelor's degree in horticulture at the University of Tennessee and has served as past president of both the International Plant Propagator's Society (Eastern region) and the Southern Nurserymen's Association. Among the honors he has received are the Medal of Honor Award of the Garden Club of America (1989), the Individual Commercial Award of the American Horticultural Society (1993), and the Silver Seal Award of the American Federation of Garden Clubs (1994).
- Author(s)Don Shadow,Paul Cappiello
- PublisherTimber Press
- Date of Publication08/03/2005
- Place of PublicationPortland, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTimber Press
- Content Note261 color photos, 3 b/w illus., 1 map
- Weight987 g
- Width187 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £2.09Trending at £2.24
- £10.97Trending at £11.49
- £14.81Trending at £18.55
- £5.99Trending at £9.98
- £1.98Trending at £2.92
- £8.99Trending at £11.56
- £15.99Trending at £28.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.