All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Second World War, often described as a People's War , was the first time civilians played a major part in Britain's war effort.
- Author BiographyJon Mills is an author, researcher and collector specialising in the Second World War British Home Front. His interest in the period was sparked by family tales of his air raid warden grandfather, his father in the Home Guard and his mother who issued ration books and identity cards. A collector of wartime memorabilia for some fifty years, Jon is the author and publisher of the series Within the Island Fortress, an in-depth look at the insignia and ephemera of Britain's civilian war effort. The co-author of two wartime histories of the London Borough of Wandsworth where he was brought up, Jon is a regular contributor to military and family history magazines. For Sabrestorm Jon has written Utility Furniture a guide to the 1943 Utility furniture catalogue. Jon is editor of The Formation Sign, journal of the Military Heraldry Society whose members are supporting him in his next project, Badges on Battledress, an illustrated history of the cloth insignia worn by the British Armed forces from 1939 to1967. Originally a librarian, Jon worked for local authorities before providing information and records management to the property industry. Married with four grandchildren, Jon lives in Kent.
- Author(s)Jon Mills
- PublisherSabrestorm Publishing
- Date of Publication09/05/2012
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationKent
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSabrestorm Publishing
- Content Notecolour throughout
- Weight1070 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- tim100blue13 Sep, 2016by
Home front badges
Excellent reference for anyone with an interest in ww2 homefront badges .
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.18Trending at £5.98
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £17.24Trending at £25.13
- £12.88Trending at £16.23
- £14.56Trending at £16.21
- £23.75Trending at £34.99
- £10.09Trending at £12.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.