All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost footballers ambitions far outstrip their abilities and they are eventually forced to adapt to the real world. This is an account of one season in the life of part-time players seen through the eyes of Des McKeown, husband, father, salesman and left-back.
- Author BiographyDes McKeown is a Sales Director for a stationery company and currently plays for Queen of the South. He began his footballing career in 1988 when he signed for Celtic - only to wreck his chances of making it big by insisting on finishing his Business Degree. He later played for Partick Thistle before transferring to Queen of the South. He lives in Cumbernauld with his wife and two children. Bill Leckie is the author of Penthouse and Pavement: How to Survive in Football Without Sucking Up to the Old Firm (also published by Mainstream) and a sports journalist for the Scottish Sun.
- Author(s)Bill Leckie,Des McKeown
- PublisherMainstream Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- GenreAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMainstream Publishing
- Out-of-print date06/07/2005
- Content Note8pp colour photographs
- Weight395 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £8.32Trending at £12.00
- £4.59Trending at £4.69
- £4.69Trending at £4.99
- £4.69Trending at £7.98
- £4.75Trending at £7.51
- £3.79Trending at £6.99
- £2.99Trending at £5.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.