Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough the author was a missionary, far from converting the Pirahas, they converted him. This title shows the slow, meticulous steps by which he gradually mastered their language and his gradual realisation that its unusual nature closely reflected its speakers' startlingly original perceptions of the world.
- Author BiographyDaniel Everett was born in California. He lived for many years in the Amazon jungle and conducted research on over a dozen indigenous languages of Brazil. He has published on sound structure, grammar, meaning, culture and language. He has been the subject of endless controversy in academic circles and is currently Professor of Linguistics at Illinois State University.
- Author(s)Daniel Everett
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- GenrePopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfile Books Ltd
- Content Note8 page colour plate section
- Weight283 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £2.95Trending at £3.04
- £1.50Trending at £1.51
- £6.99Trending at £7.89
- £1.89Trending at £1.92
- £15.98Trending at £18.45
- £5.77Trending at £7.41
- £8.74Trending at £8.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.