All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical toolkit shows educators how to use alternative discipline methods instead of suspensions to create positive, meaningful long-term changes in the behaviour of challenging students.
- Author BiographyDr. Jessica Djabrayan Hannigan is Supervisor of Student Support Services in Central Unified School District and an adjunct professor in the Educational Leadership Department at Fresno State University. She is a graduate of the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) and holds a Master's in School Psychology and a Doctorate in Educational Leadership. Dr. Hannigan is also an educational consultant working with several school districts and county offices in California on designing and implementing effective behavior systems in schools and districts that work. She currently trains approximately 300 schools on the Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) Champion Model System, which is the model system she designed based on her doctoral research and experiences in working with a variety of schools and districts. Her focus is on teaching teachers, administrators, and support staff how to create behavior systems in schools similar to academic systems. Dr. Hannigan resides in Fresno, California with her husband John and her two stepdaughters Rowan and Riley. Dr. John Hannigan is currently in his seventh year as principal of Ronald W. Reagan Elementary in Sanger Unified School District, where under his leadership has earned California State Distinguished School, California Title I Academic Achievement Award for closing the achievement gap by the California Department of Education; Gold Ribbon School for model program by the California Department of Education; a 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 California Honor Roll school by California Business for Educational Excellence; a 10 out of 10 similar school statewide ranking; 2010, 2012, 2016 Bonner Award for Character Education; 2013 Silver Level Model School recognition, and 2014, 2015, 2016 Gold Level Model School recognition from Fresno County Office of Education for Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports. Dr. Hannigan is Sanger Unified's 2016 Administrator of the Year. He also serves on the Advisory Council for the Dean of California State University, Fresno, Kremen School of Education and Human Development. Dr. Hannigan resides in Fresno, California, with his wife Jessica and daughters Rowan and Riley.
- Author(s)Jessica Djabrayan Hannigan,John E. Hannigan
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication20/07/2016
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.79
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.15
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £10.09Trending at £10.44
- £23.68Trending at £25.07
- £11.10Trending at £14.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.