All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.99Trending at £26.84
- £8.20Trending at £10.36
- £9.51Trending at £10.08
- £10.43Trending at £11.89
- £24.99Trending at £33.52
- £9.08Trending at £10.43
- £5.25Trending at £5.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the possible relations between Western types of rationality and Buddhism. It also examines some cliches about Buddhism and questions the old antinomies of Western culture ( faith and reason, or idealism and materialism ).
- Author BiographyBernard Faure is George Edwin Burnell Professor of Religious Studies at Stanford University. He is the author, most recently, of The Will to Orthodoxy: A Critical Genealogy of Northern Chan Buddhism (Stanford1997).
- Author(s)Bernard Faure
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication10/11/2003
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleCultural Memory in the Present
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byJanet Lloyd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.