All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- £11.05Trending at £13.97
- £11.53Trending at £12.99
- £20.50Trending at £23.99
- £29.99Trending at £52.00
- £1.69Trending at £1.77
- £1.45Trending at £1.77
- £21.30Trending at £23.99
About this product
- DescriptionDonald Sinden stars as eccentric amateur sleuth Gideon Fell in these two full-cast BBC radio dramatisations of stories by John Dickson Carr. Created by the master of the locked-room mystery, John Dickson Carr, Dr Fell appeared in 23 novels, several short stories and plays, and numerous radio adaptations.
- Author BiographyJohn Dickson Carr (November 30, 1906 - February 27, 1977) was an American author of detective stories, who also published using the pseudonyms Carter Dickson, Carr Dickson and Roger Fairbairn. Carr is generally regarded as one of the greatest writers of so-called Golden Age mysteries; complex, plot-driven stories in which the puzzle is paramount. He was influenced in this regard by the works of Gaston Leroux and by the Father Brown stories of G. K. Chesterton. He was a master of so-called locked room mystery, in which a detective solves apparently impossible crimes. The Dr. Fell mystery The Hollow Man (1935), usually considered Carr's masterpiece, was selected during 1981 as the best locked-room mystery of all time by a panel of 17 mystery authors and reviewers. He was also an author of historical mystery. A resident of England for a number of years, Carr is often grouped among British-style mystery writers. Most (though not all) of his novels had English settings, especially country villages and estates, and English characters. His two best-known fictional detective characters (Dr. Gideon Fell and Sir Henry Merrivale) were both English.
- Author(s)John Dickson Carr
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication07/09/2017
- GenreCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight192 g
- Width124 mm
- Height143 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Read byDonald Sinden,John Hartley,Full Cast
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time170
- Edition StatementUnabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.