All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on the episodes that made Sir Francis Drake's reputation, this biography recreates the excitement of the raids on the Spanish Caribbean ports during Drake's privateering days; the feat of the circumnavigation aboard the Golden Hind ; and Drake's role in the defeat of the Spanish Armada.
- Author BiographyStephen Coote was educated at Magdelene College, Cambridge and at Birkbeck College, University of London. He is the author of several acclaimed biographies including lives of Charles II, W. B. Yeats, John Keats and, most recently, Samuel Pepys: according to the Sunday Telegraph, 'A subtle and intelligent portrait, not just of the man, but of the volatile political milieu in which he moved.'
- Author(s)Stephen Coote
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- FormatOther book format
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Out-of-print date22/07/2005
- Content Note16pp colour and b&w illustrations
- Weight637 g
- Width156 mm
- Height236 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £4.95Trending at £6.29
- £4.88Trending at £5.98
- £4.04Trending at £7.67
- £6.97Trending at £8.93
- £4.45Trending at £6.98
- £6.45Trending at £8.99
- £10.00Trending at £10.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.