All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPogrund examines the accusation that Israel is practicing apartheid and the motives of those who make it. A belief in Israel, combined with frank criticism, provides a balanced view of Israel's strengths and problems. It deconstructs the criticisms of Israel and the boycott movement before arguing for two states as the only way forward.
- Author BiographyBenjamin Pogrund lives in Israel where he reports on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. He was the deputy editor of the Rand Daily Mail, South Africa's leading anti-apartheid newspaper during the Apartheid era (which brought about the closure of the paper), then was with the Independent in London and The WorldPaper in Boston before moving to Jerusalem to foster dialogue. He has written for the Guardian (London), Haaretz (Tel Aviv), Facta (Tokyo) and others. In May 2013, he was awarded the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award by the International Media Council in London on behalf of the Next Century Foundation, for encouraging understanding of the Middle East and war-torn areas of the world.
- Author(s)Benjamin Pogrund
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication14/09/2016
- GenreCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note17 black & white halftones, 1 maps, 3 tables
- Weight531 g
- Width156 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword bySir Harold Evans
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.86Trending at £9.97
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.