All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £6.36Trending at £6.93
- £12.17Trending at £13.34
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
- £10.15Trending at £14.95
About this product
- DescriptionTraces the deployment of dress in fictional texts of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, from Roxana to Middlemarch , and The House of Mirth . A study of the history of clothing, this book explores the growth of the middle classes and the association of luxury with vice, and the reasons why wedding dresses rarely ever symbolize happiness.
- Author BiographyClair Hughes is an independent scholar.
- Author(s)Clair Hughes
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight496 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.