All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £32.27Trending at £32.99
- £10.75Trending at £12.13
- £11.32Trending at £11.58
- £10.55Trending at £11.12
- £7.52Trending at £9.99
- £7.52Trending at £7.98
- £7.29Trending at £8.98
About this product
- Author(s)Thomas A. Cook
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleThe Global Warrior Series
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note98 black & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsOverview of Risk and Spend Issues in the Global Supply Chain Overview of Supply Chain Risk Economic Political Contractual and Legal Relationship, Relationship, Relationship Local Legal Counsel Case Study Hiring Legal Support: Some Helpful Hints International Contracts: Helpful Hints and Best Practices Physical (Demographics) Physical Challenges of Global Trade Customer, Supplier, and Vendor Foreign Distributors You Lose Control over Distribution and Sales Price and Margins You Cannot Control How They Represent You in the Countries They Are Distributing To or In Repairs, Service Agreements, and Warranty Handling May Not Be Adequate Potential Issues with Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Reexport Is a Potential Exposure Resell into the Gray Market Back in the United States or Abroad Logistics Leveraging Logistics Options Reduce Cost with Bonded Warehouses and Foreign Trade Zones Freight Forwarders and Custom House Brokers Managing Transportation Service Providers Trade Compliance Trade Compliance Facilities Reviews Financial Financial Risks in Foreign Exchange How to Export in Foreign Currencies Best Practices to Reduce Risk Characteristics of a Foreign Currency-Denominated Export Sale FX Risk Management Options Methods of Payment in International Trade Letters of Credit Documentary Collections Open Account Consignment Risks Political Risks Currency Inconvertibility Devaluation Incorrect Utilization of Currency and Exchange Rates Risk versus Insurance Characteristics of Export Credit Insurance Overview of Spend Managing Landed Costs Summary Special Need Supply Chains Industries with Special Needs Defense and Export Controlled Products Failure to Manage the Regulatory Process Proactively Failure to Train All Personnel in the Global Supply Chain from Sales to Purchasing, Operations and Logistics, Supply Chain, Legal, and Finance Failure to Create a Compliant and Secure Logistics Supply Chain Pharmaceuticals Chain of Custody FDA Compliance Communications and Broadcast Carnets Can Reduce Risk and Cost Carnet Utilization Relief Agencies Food Products Case Study Chemicals Project Business Clothing and Retail Developing a Risk Management Strategy Creating the Necessary Leadership for Risk Management Assigning Ownership Building Internal Teams to Tackle Risk Management as a Corporate Responsibility for Everyone Assessment and Benchmarking Creating Action Plans Strategies in Risk Management Tactics in Risk Management Summary of Insurance Purchasing for Global Supply Chains Outline of the Risks in Managing Global Supply Chains Property Marine Cargo Geographic Areas Covered Named Insured Modes of Transit Covered Limits of Liability Valuation Underwriting Terms Special Terms War, SRCC Coverage Terrorism Effective Dates Storage/Warehousing Consolidation and Deconsolidation Domestic Transit Interruptions in Transit Exclusions Loss of Market Delay Business Interruption or Consequential Damages War, SRCC Inadequate Packing Cancellation Liability Workers' Compensation Fiduciary Key Risk Management Initiatives in Global Trade Players in Global Supply Chain Risk Management, Brokerage, and Underwriting Key Initiatives Disaster Management Types of Disasters Disaster Prevention Disaster Preparedness Disaster Relief Disaster Recovery Global Supply Chain Disaster Management Mastering Cargo Loss Control How Do Loss and Damage Occur in International Shipping? Best Practices: A Company's Strategy to Combat Loss and Damage in Global Trade Other Areas That Could Have an Impact on Cargo Outturns Developing a Cost Reduction Business Model: Creative Le
- Author BiographyThomas A. Cook has been involved in international business and global supply chain management for more than 30 years. He is a graduate of the NYS Merchant Marine Academy with a BS and MS in transportation and business management. He has spent more than six years in the U. S. Naval Reserve and the U. S. Merchant Marines. He founded American River International, a premiere logistics and supply chain management consulting company, in 1982. Last year he stepped down from his position as CEO and managing director and sold his company to existing shareholders. Cook is a subject matter expert on global trade management, and has published more than 12 books and 300 articles about international business, supply chain management, RFP, negotiation, and world business development. He has sat or currently sits on numerous boards and advisory groups that assist corporations, associations, and industry trade groups in the best practices of running their businesses. He sits or has sat on the board of, or is involved in corporate training with, the following companies: American Management Association (AMA), American Pet Products Association (APPA), Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP), Institute for Supply Management (ISM), and National Association of Purchasing Managers (NAPM), to name a few. Cook has experience in a number of subjects concerned with general management, including sales, negotiations, customer service, operations, supply chain, logistics, RFP management, business development, and training. He is cofounder of the World Academy, which equips international business executives and operational personnel in supply chain with the skills necessary to operate successfully in global trade. Currently, Cook is managing director of Blue Tiger International (www.bluetigerintl.com), a management consulting organization focused on international purchasing and RFP enhancements. He is also working on an eight book series entitled The Global Warrior (Taylor & Francis/ CRC Press). Each book gives strategies on the skill sets necessary for the corporate executive of the future to compete in global trade.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.