All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £24.50Trending at £27.12
- £27.55Trending at £30.16
- £12.42Trending at £17.85
- £24.98Trending at £25.55
- £20.42Trending at £28.92
- £9.68Trending at £9.85
- £14.98Trending at £17.36
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an interdisciplinary approach to various drug issues. This title weaves psychological, historical, cultural, social, biological, and medical perspectives - emphasizing the idea that a drug's effects depend not only on its properties, but also on the biological and psychological characteristics of its user.
- Author BiographyStephen A. Maisto received a Ph.D. in experimental psychology from the University of Wisconsin--Milwaukee and completed a post-doctoral respecialization in clinical psychology from George Peabody College of Vanderbilt University. He is a professor of psychology at Syracuse University. He has been engaged in research, teaching, clinical practice, and clinical training in the assessment and treatment of the substance-use disorders for over 30 years. Dr. Maisto has published over 150 articles, 25 book chapters, and several books on substance use and the substance-use disorders. He is a member of the American Psychological Association, Association for Psychological Science, Research Society on Alcoholism, and the Association for Behavior and Cognitive Therapies. Gerard J. Connors is director of the Research Institute on Addictions at the University at Buffalo. He earned his doctoral degree in clinical psychology from Vanderbilt University in 1980. Dr. Connors' research interests include substance use and abuse, relapse prevention, self-help group involvement, early interventions with heavy drinkers, and treatment evaluation. He is a fellow of the American Psychological Association. Dr. Connors has authored or coauthored numerous scientific articles, books, and book chapters. Mark Galizio received his PhD in experimental psychology in 1976, from the University of Wisconsin--Milwaukee, where he served as the research assistant at the Midwest Institute on Drug Abuse. He is professor of psychology at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, where he has taught and conducted research for over 30 years. He has published extensively in the areas of behavioral pharmacology and behavior analysis and has served as associate editor of the Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior. He is a fellow of the American Psychological Association, and is past president of the division of Behavior Analysis.
- Author(s)Gerard J. Connors,Mark Galizio,Stephen A. Maisto
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight875 g
- Width204 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementEnhanced Edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.