All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.90Trending at £7.12
- £2.00Trending at £3.84
- £21.95Trending at £22.74
- £4.02Trending at £4.23
- £2.57Trending at £2.84
- £4.99Trending at £9.73
- £2.50Trending at £3.05
About this product
- DescriptionIn a fictional Gulf country, with its gleaming glass towers and imported greenery, the routine of day-to-day life is suddenly interrupted when the national football team qualifies for the World Cup. The Emir issues an edict ordering all native Emiratis to travel to France to support the team, leaving the country to the care of its imported labor.
- Author BiographyMohamed El-Bisatie is the author of a number of novels and short story collections, including A Last Glass of Tea (AUC Press, 1994), Houses behind the Trees (AUC Press, 1997), Clamor of the Lake (AUC Press, 2004), Over the Bridge (AUC Press, 2006), and Hunger (AUC Press, 2008). He was awarded the prestigious Oweiss Prize in 2001.
- Author(s)Mohamed El-Bisatie
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2010
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight318 g
- Width130 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byPeter Daniel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.