All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £15.97
About this product
- Author(s)Timi Ogunjobi
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/08/2012
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction to Drupal What is Drupal? Who is using Drupal? How is Drupal different from other content management systems? How much do you need to know to use Drupal? What do you need to run Drupal? What version of Drupal should you use? Drupal 6.x or Drupal 7.x 5 What is new in Drupal 7.x 6 What version of Drupal is used in this book? The architecture of Drupal Basic concept and features Node How nodes work Database Tables Taxonomy Module User, Permission, Role Comment Path Theme Regions and blocks Menu Menus and blocks Themes and modules Content types Installing Drupal Obtaining Drupal installation scripts Installing Drupal on a local computer Installing Drupal 6.x on localhost using WampServer Installing Drupal 7.x on localhost Installing Drupal on a remote live server Learning Drupal Summary Adding, Classifying and Viewing Content Adding your first posts Add, post and link a menu Viewing and editing a node Drupal taxonomy Drupal taxonomy functions Planning taxonomies General principles that apply to the Drupal taxonomy module Guidelines for taxonomy design Moving a static site to Drupal Moving to Drupal Enable clean URLs within Drupal The Pathauto module How to install and select new modules The WYSIWYG module Set up taxonomy/terms to reflect the existing folder structure How to install and select a theme Setting up a menu Copying text from browser Copying raw formatted html Path to images and other web assets Summary Administering Drupal Administration overview The administrative toolbar The Shortcut Bar Basic site administration Status reports Site information Site appearance Contextual links The Administrative overlay Content management Managing nodes Managing comments Managing URL paths Automatically generating URL path aliases with Pathauto User management Registration and login Open ID Backing up and restoring a Drupal Site Backing up a Drupal site using a GUI Backing up a Drupal site using the command line Backing up a Drupal database using the command line Restoring a database backup using command line Migrating a Drupal site (server to server) Steps in migrating a Drupal site Restoring a site Performance and security Performance User interaction Security Summary Creating Drupal Themes How a theme works Theme Engines Theme hooks Planning a theme The .info file The .tpl.php template files The template.php file Sub-themes Others Building the theme Creating the directory structure Building the info file Building the page.tpl.php file Building other template files Menus and theme settings Creating new theme regions Content to regions The header wrapper The style.css file Adding a screenshot Summary Creating Drupal Modules How modules function Components of a module The .info file The .module file General coding standards for modules Comments How the hook functions Planning the module Naming the module Create a folder Creating the .info file Creating the .module file Implementing the help hook Other module files .install files .inc file Testing and troubleshooting Enable the module Troubleshooting Resources for module development Summary Building a Community Site with Drupal Commons Acquia Drupal Commons Corporate community sites The benefits of Commons Drupal Commons support Installation Features Optional features Themes The installed site Configuration Changing the header graphic Changing the home page int
- Author BiographyTimi Ogunjobi is a software developer, technical author, and open source evangelist. Timi has been developing web applications using a variety of frameworks for nearly a decade and has written on a broad range of topics for more than twenty years. Mr. Ogunjobi balances his time between programming, reviewing, writing, and contributing to interesting community projects especially those relating to wildlife conservation. When he isn't working, he enjoys playing jazz guitar and getting involved in outdoor activities-principally cricket, golf and swimming. Mr. Ogunjobi is the Chief Executive Officer of Xceedia Limited (www.xceedia.co.uk), a software development and training company. Timi has written two other books on Drupal that are currently in print (Drupal 6 Site Blueprints and Drupal 6 Site Blueprints: Lite). He has also published several fiction and non-fiction books, and has been featured in several anthologies. One of his fiction books has been nominated for the Commonwealth Book Prize.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.