All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDubliners is arguably the best-known and most influential collection of short stories written in English, and has been since its publication in 1914.
- Author BiographyJames Joyce was one of innovators of postmodernism. He is widely considered one of the most important writers of the 20th century. Born in Dublin, James Joyce (1882-1941) was a modernist and proponent of the stream-of-consciousness writing style and is widely considered one of the most important writers of the twentieth century. His works feature primarily Dublin figures such as in the short story collection Dubliners (1914), and the novels A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (1916), Ulysses (1922) and Finnegan's Wake (1939). Margot Norris is Professor of English and Comparative Literature at the University of California, Irvine. She is the author of four books on the works of James Joyce: The Decentered Universe of 'Finnegan's Wake', Joyce's Web: The Social Unraveling of Modernism, Suspicious Readings of Joyce's 'Dubliners,' and Ulysses, a study of the 1967 Joseph Strick film on the novel.
- Author(s)James Joyce
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication23/01/2006
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleNorton Critical Editions
- Series Part/Volume Number0
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note8 maps; 20 illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width130 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMargot Norris
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £66.59Trending at £105.61
- £3.89Trending at £3.99
- £2.99Trending at £3.98
- £10.83Trending at £12.95
- £23.51Trending at £29.91
- £10.09Trending at £12.99
- £19.36Trending at £26.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.