All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Janette-Susan Bailey
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication17/10/2016
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in World Environmental History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note18 black & white illustrations, 20 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight616 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement2016 ed.
- Table Of Contents.Chapter One: Ideas: American exceptionalism, social realism, women, deserts, documentary, soil and civilization.- .Chapter Two: Three Dust Bowl narratives: farmer attitudes, human erosion, women and natural diaster.- .Chapter Three: Battlefield of the South-West Pacific: soil erosion, enemies, graziers and traitors in Australian 'dust bowl' imagery.- .-Chapter Four: The Australian constitution and state politics: creeping deserts and human extinction in 'Dust bowl' warnings of impending doom.- .-Chapter Five: Dust Storms and the despair of the housewife : war-time wind erosion as 'natural diaster'.- .Chapter Six: Battle of the rivers, battle of the stories: 'Dust bowls', dams, TVAs and a Snowy Mountains Scheme.- .-Conclusion: Just a 'Bloody Duststorm'? .
- Author BiographyJanette-Susan Bailey holds a PhD from the University of New South Wales, Australia and has a combined Honors degree in Film, Theatre and Performance Studies / Environmental Studies. She has a background in environmental performance writing and has been nationally and internationally recognized for her cross disciplinary approaches to historical research. She has published in international journals including Environment and History.
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.48Trending at £6.46
- £9.99Trending at £12.34
- £14.86Trending at £15.05
- £19.59Trending at £26.28
- £9.46Trending at £12.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.