All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £3.37Trending at £3.48
- £4.99Trending at £5.09
- £11.93Trending at £12.73
- £5.06Trending at £8.98
- £28.00Trending at £34.27
- £23.80Trending at £37.59
- £28.86Trending at £40.33
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the pairing of classical and contemporary, art and entertainment, high culture and popular culture to reveal the place that ballet occupies in American life. Drawing on examples that range from musicals to tragic melodramas, this book shows how commercial films have produced an image of ballet that is associated with emotions.
- Author BiographyAdrienne L. McLean is an associate professor of film studies at the University of Texas at Dallas. She is the author of numerous books, including Being Rita Hayworth: Labor, Identity, and Hollywood Stardom (Rutgers University Press).
- Author(s)Adrienne L. McLean
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication19/02/2008
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Note50 illustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.