All listings for this product
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £8.45Trending at £8.98
- £7.91Trending at £8.98
- £6.49Trending at £6.98
- £6.79Trending at £6.91
- £13.86Trending at £14.91
- £17.18Trending at £19.95
- £10.77Trending at £13.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe analysis of language as a combination of a structural and a lexical component overlooks a third all-encompassing aspect: dynamics. Dynamic Linguistics is an attempt to describe the complex phenomenon that is human language by focusing on this important but often neglected aspect.
- Author BiographyIwan Wmffre is Lecturer of Celtic at the University of Ulster, Northern Ireland. He is a specialist in the Celtic languages, especially the Brittonic branch, and general linguistics, especially descriptive and phonetic issues. Recent publications include Breton Orthographies and Dialects: The Twentieth-Century Orthography War in Brittany (2007), and the forthcoming A Dynamic Description of Lampeter Welsh: The Traditional Language and A Practical Phonetic Description of Ulster Irish Gaelic, both to be published in 2013.
- Author(s)Iwan Wmffre
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleContemporary Studies in Descriptive Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume Number28
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight870 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.