All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical and easy-to-use handbook provides up-to-date coverage of the evaluation and treatment of swallowing disorders in the stroke population. The gap between academics and clinical practice is narrowed with the latest research packaged for clinical application. Particular focus is on the clinical and instrumental evaluation of swallowing.
- Author BiographyStephanie Daniels, PhD Research Speech Pathologist Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, Texas Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Baylor College of Medicine Stephanie K. Daniels, Ph.D. is a research speech pathologist at the Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Houston, Texas and is Assistant Professor in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Baylor College of Medicine. Prior to obtaining her doctorate, she was a practicing clinician for twelve years. Her research and clinical work has focused on neurogenic dysphagia. Maggie-Lee Huckabee, PhD Senior Lecturer Department of Communication Disorders, University of Canterbury Senior Researcher Van der Veer Institute for Parkinson's and Brain Research in Christchurch, New Zealand Maggie-Lee Huckabee, Ph.D., practiced as a clinician for thirteen years before the frustration of never knowing the answers led her to an academic career. She is now senior lecturer in the Department of Communication Disorders, University of Canterbury and senior researcher at the Van der Veer Institute for Parkinson's and Brain Research in Christchurch, New Zealand. She still hasn't found the answers but is trying, with research interests focusing on the complexities of behaviorally-driven neural adaptation and biomechanical change leading to swallowing recovery. Dr. Huckabee has a great time supervising terrific, emerging researchers, overseeing a busy laboratory and enjoying the beauty of New Zealand.
- Author(s)Maggie Lee Huckabee,Stephanie K. Daniels
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width254 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £24.95Trending at £27.18
- £12.42Trending at £12.58
- £10.63Trending at £10.79
- £34.99Trending at £38.43
- £17.90Trending at £19.88
- £30.65Trending at £31.41
- £28.56Trending at £31.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.