All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionELL Frontiers offers an overview of current digital age learning trends and step-by-step guides to implementing technology-infused lessons specifically aligned with English learners' needs.
- Author BiographyHeather Parris is the co-founder of Estrada & Parris, LLC, an educational consulting group that provides professional development and curriculum design on instructional strategies and technology integration for the K-12 classroom. She has over 20 years of experience in both K-12 and Higher Education settings and is currently an adjunct professor for the Molloy College Graduate School of Education in Rockville Centre, New York. Her combined expertise on ELs and the use of technology to support learning developed while working for the Board of Cooperative Educational Services of Nassau County (Nassau BOCES) where she was first an ESL Program Specialist for the NYSED Bilingual/ESL Technical Assistance Center and then the Program Coordinator of Model Schools/Digital Age Teaching and Education. She conducts workshops and presents regularly at regional, national and international conferences. She was a contributor and section editor for the NYSED (2011) Guidelines for Educating Limited English Proficient Students with Interrupted Formal Education. She holds a Masters of Science in Education degree for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages from Queens College, City University of New York and a Professional Diploma in School District Leadership from Fordham University. Lisa Estrada is the Supervisor of English as a New Language (ENL) and World Languages at Hicksville Public Schools, in Hicksville, New York. She is also an adjunct professor in the Molloy College Clinically-Rich Intensive Teacher Institute in Rockville Centre, New York. Her educational experience and training includes over 25 years of ESL and Bilingual Education in K-12 settings, as well as many years as an ESL/Bilingual Program Coordinator for the Board of Cooperative Educational Services of Nassau County (Nassau BOCES). Through her extensive knowledge of New York State mandates & federal regulations for the education of ELs, she's provided technical assistance and professional development for administrators and teachers working with English Learners throughout Long Island, New York. She has also conducted various workshops at local and national conferences in New York, California, Texas, Rhode Island, and Iowa. She has regularly been chosen by the Gates Millennium Scholars Program to serve as a reader and evaluator for prospective recipients of the scholarships; a program created by Bill Gates designed to recognize and reward outstanding minority high school seniors. In 2011, she was a contributor and section editor for the NYSED (2011) Guidelines for Educating Limited English Proficient Students with Interrupted Formal Education. In an effort to further promote and improve the quality of EL teaching, Lisa has undertaken private ventures that make information available to teachers throughout the country. She co-authors esltechies.com, a blog dedicated to providing free instructional resources to teachers of English Learners (ELs). She is also the co-founder of Estrada & Parris, LLC, a privately owned educational consulting group that provides professional development and curriculum design on instructional strategies and technology integration for the K-12 classroom. She holds a Masters of Arts degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages with a Bilingual Extension from Adelphi University. She also holds a Professional Diploma in School Administration from Long Island University/C.W. Post. Learn more about Andrea Honigsfeld's PD offerings Andrea Honigsfeld, EdD, is Associate Dean and Professor in the Division of Education at Molloy College, Rockville Centre, New York. She directs a doctoral program in Educational leadership for Diverse Learning Communities. Before entering the field of teacher education, she was an English-as-a-foreign-language teacher in Hungary (Grades 5-8 and adult) and an English-as-a-second-language teacher in New York City (Grades K-3 and adult). She also taught Hungarian at New York University. She was the rec
- Author(s)Andrea M. Honigsfeld,Heather Parris,Lisa M. Estrada
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication19/10/2016
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £27.52Trending at £27.85
- £26.61Trending at £28.13
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £29.99
- £22.38Trending at £26.31
- £19.28Trending at £20.69
- £17.29Trending at £22.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.