CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £11.30Trending at £12.34
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £10.86Trending at £11.41
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
About this product
- Author(s)Margherita Mussi
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/03/2013
- Series TitleInterdisciplinary Contributions to Archaeology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content NoteXVIII, 402 p.
- Weight802 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
- Table Of ContentsForeword; C. Gamble. 1: The land and the scientists. 1.1. The geography of Italy. 1.2. Outline of the history of archaeological research. 2: The earliest settlement. 2.1. Introduction. 2.2. The time and the way. 2.3. Technological developments. 2.4. Characteristics of the preferred environments. 2.5. Comments. 3: Real colonisation. 3.1. Introduction. 3.2. The emergence of technological complexity. 3.3. Lower Palaeolithic marine crossings? 3.4. Comments. 4: On Neandertals and caves. 4.1. Introduction. 4.2. A changing environment. 4.3. Mousterian variability. 4.4. Comments. 5: Moderns vs. Neandertals. 5.1. Introduction. 5.2. Exploring and exploiting. 5.3. Uluzzian and Aurignacian compared. 5.4. Comments. 6: Fully equipped hunter-gatherers. 6.1. Introduction. 6.2. Archaeological evidence inside and outside the peninsula. 6.3. The approach to a new territory. 6.4. Ritual behaviour and practical constraints. 7: The great shift. 7.1. Introduction. 7.2. Different niches in a changing landscape. 7.3. Local and regional diversification. 7.4. Exchanging and sharing resources and ideas. 7.5. Comments. 7.6. Final remarks.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.